Golden Moments Care Home offers an all-encompassing active care program for our Residents and their family members. We have an Open-Door policy and encourage families to visit and participate in any function at any time of the day.
Upon rising, all Residents are up out of bed and either in the great room, kitchen area, or in the living room area for closer monitoring and personal attention. No one is left in their room during the day. Our typical day includes:
- Creative, recreational, social and physical activities provided twice-daily
- Various group activities to engage and to promote socialization - bowling, beanbag toss, tossing ball to one another, etc. Provided twice-daily, 11:00 am and 4:00pm.
- Individual and Shared Games: Uno, puzzles, checkers, arts and crafts projects, etc.
- An exercise circle of guided Geriatric exercises to keep the body limber
- Cognitive exercises which typically consist of singing and discussion of favorite things
- All Residents eat together at the dining table for all 3 meals. We usually serve the heaviest meal at lunch time, and provide a sandwich, soup, salad and fruit for the dinner meal
- Residents are accompanied for a walk outside twice-daily weather permitting
- We celebrate all festive holidays, Resident birthdays, and any other occasion to just have fun together. We strive for everyday to be a reason to celebrate at Golden Moments. Past outings have included the California Railroad Museum in Old Sacramento, Stillwater Stocked Fishing Ponds in Locust, Arden Fair Mall, Sac City College for a Gospel Play, Thunder Valley Casino, and more.
Fitness Club Circle
Golden Moments Exercise, Stretch and Fitness Club
10:30am and 4:00pm
Bring all family, Staff and Residents to the Fitness Club circle
- Start with drinking 4 ounces of water, give everyone a cup including you; assist Residents as needed.
- Breathing exercises, 5 to 10, healthy breaths; instruct to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, and relax your shoulders, and when breathing out have them make the ahhhhh sound. After the first 5 breaths, have them continue while shaking our their hands, arms feet and legs to loosen up. You will have to show them by demonstrating.
- Neck—up and down slowly—10 count Note: head to front and back to center 10 times and then neck from center to back 10 times.
- Neck—side to side—10 count / on each side. Note: turn head to the left and back 10 count and then turn head to the right 10 count. They are not to tilt their heads to shoulders.
- Shoulder Rolls—Back—5 count / 3 reps
- Shoulder Rolls–Front—5 count / 3 reps
(Water break, also if you recognize any tense shoulders remind to relax shoulders and breathe)
- Extend Arms—(Forward Circles)- 7 count / 3 reps, Shake out arms after reps
- Extend Arms—(Backward Circles)- 7 count / 3 reps, Shake out arms after reps
- Bring Left Arm across chest; hold elbow with right hand, 7 count / 3 reps
- Bring Right Arm across chest; hold elbow in left hand 7 count / 3 reps
- Bend over touch your toes and hold for 7 count / 3 reps
- Rotate ankles in—5 count / 3 reps—help by holding up leg at calf, and guide his ankle in the right direction. You may have to manually assist some Residents.
- Rotate ankles out—5 count / 3 reps - same as above
- Elevate right leg—5 count / 3 reps then Elevate left leg—5 count / 3 reps
- Leg Lifts—10 count and Thigh Press—10 count
- Arm Curls with 2 lb. weights—10 count on each arm
- March in place-10 count / 3 reps
Water break shake out legs and breathe Choose one: (Bean Bag Toss, Balloon toss or beach ball toss)
(Water break ... Full glass for everyone including you)
- Have all Residents walk outside together, around the lot 5 times. Watch for unsteadiness, and remind to breathe, relax shoulders, water and sit. Monitor New Residents closely.
- Then take Residents needing a 2-person assist outside and walk for 6-10 feet as tolerated, with a chair close by to rest between walks, and repeat.
- Massage, shoulders, arms, legs and feet